Responsible BusinessBOOK NOW ▼▲
Responsible business practices at the Radisson
The Radisson aims to achieve this goal by going about business in a responsible manner that helps protect our guests and the environment. Our responsible business practices are centered on three areas:
- Taking responsibility for diversity, and the health, safety and security of our employees and guests
- Showing leadership in social and ethical responsibility issues within the company as well as in the community
- Reducing our negative impact on the environment
World Childhood Foundation
Radisson Hotels are proud to support the World Childhood Foundation, which is committed to defending the rights of the child and securing better living conditions for children and young women at risk all over the world.
Radisson has signed and is committed to upholding The Code of Conduct to Protect Children Against Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism, "The Code." Through this international set of guidelines, supported by ECPAT, travel and tourism companies have pledged to help end commercial sex trade of children.
United Nations Global Compact
Carlson was one of the first global hospitality companies to sign the United Nations Global Compact, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world.
General Hotel Initiatives (including third-party certifications)
- Birthday Celebrations: The hotel celebrates the birthdays of our collaborators on a monthly basis, inviting them to a special lunch, where everyone gets a present and feels like family.
- Emergency Brigade Training: This event is held every year for all employees to be aware of safety procedures and extinguisher operation in case of an emergency.
- Employee Awards: Every three months, the Radisson celebrates with a ceremony to award “The Employee of the Quarter,” which recognizes one employee for his/her dedication and commitment with a cash prize and a commemorative plaque exhibited to the public. Rewarded employees are chosen by their own colleagues. "Employee of the Year" is chosen from all four quarterly winners of the year. This employee is rewarded with an all-expense-paid trip for himself/herself and a companion.
- Halloween Celebration: Every year on Halloween, we celebrate with all the hosts of the hotel. Everyone has the opportunity to dress up and do a parade to share a pleasant afternoon.
- Health Week: This is an annual activity that is practiced for all employees, attempting to prevent and/or detect eventual diseases and give practical advice for participants to take better care of themselves.
- "Life Plan" Social Program: Knowing the importance of our employees, the Radisson invites them to a workshop to orient them with financial or familial issues, housing credits and training in different matters, which encourages the improvement and quality of life.
- Valentine's Day: On Valentine's Day, all staff has the opportunity to express their appreciation and affection for their coworkers through cards and gifts.
- Women's Day: On this special day, the male staff take shifts to serve women during lunch. This celebration is held to give women a small sample of all the care and attention they deserve.
- Adoption of Green Spaces: Radisson Royal Cali has adopted a green space next to the hotel to contribute to environmental protection and improving the quality of life of local residents. The staff performs maintenance and protection of this area and hopes to improve landscaping of the area and generate respect for green spaces among locals by setting an example of the hotel's commitment to the care and protection of these spaces.
- Hazardous Material Disposal: The Radisson Royal Cali is fulfilling its goal of being responsible for the environment by starting a program for the collection and storage of hazardous materials and other dangerous waste, thereby reducing environmental impact.
- Recycling: The hotel has strengthened its solid waste management program, emphasizing to all collaborators the importance of this activity. A recycling company collects all recycled materials and ensures their proper disposal. A series of recycling trainings were sponsored to inform all staff of the huge impact of this activity and show them the benefits that recycling provides to the planet.
We have been awarded a 3-key rating from the Green Key Eco-Rating Program - recognizing us as a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment.