Responsible BusinessBOOK NOW ▼▲
Radisson practices Responsible Business methods
The Radisson Montevideo, now celebrating 10 years of Responsible Business action, contacted the Cristobal Colón School, located in the Nuevo Paris neighborhood in Montevideo, in their continuing support of this program. The hotel staff donated clothing and teddy bears to the school children and established a toy campaign with the school's director. For a month, the staff collected a toy for each child in the school, resulting in more than 400 gifts of balls, dolls, toy cars and even some bikes.
In addition, the Radisson pastry staff collaborated in making two cakes that were decorated to enjoy with the children. All of the gifts, cakes and sweets that had been collected were delivered via volunteers, who traipsed from class to class bearing their gifts to each child. The party ended with an exciting football game among the children and the Radisson hotel's staff.
Hotels play an important role in the travel and tourism industry, which contributes to the economic development of local communities around the world. Hotels have a responsibility to the people and the physical environment of those communities—a responsibility to see that the community is not hurt by the hotel's presence, but rather enhanced by it, both economically and socially.
This goal is achieved by going about business in a responsible manner. Radisson Hotels & Resorts, Responsible Business is centered around three important areas:
1 - Taking responsibility for diversity, inclusion; and the health, safety and security of our employees and guest
2 - Showing leadership in social and ethical responsibility issues within the company as well as in the community
3 - Reducing our negative impact on the environment
Radisson has a rich history of Responsible Business practices, offering a strong foundation as we continue to build on that history. Ultimately, we strive to serve the common good through our commitment to social responsibility.
World Childhood Foundation
Radisson Hotels is proud to support the World Childhood Foundation, which is committed to defending the rights of the child and securing better living conditions for children and young women at risk all over the world.
Radisson has signed and is committed to upholding The Code of Conduct to Protect Children Against Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism - "The Code." Through this international set of guidelines supported by ECPAT, travel and tourism companies have pledged to help end commercial sex trade of children.
United Nations Global Compact
Carlson was one of the first global hospitality companies to sign the United Nations Global Compact, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world.
General Hotel Initiatives (including 3rd party certifications)
- Act as godparents of CERMU, the Mental Retardation Education Center of Uruguay
- Donate carpets to rural schools or institutes that are usually used in their libraries
- Donate weekend stays to non-profit institutions, NGO'S, for example, Lions Club
- Support Teleton Center with rooms and lounges all year
The Teleton technical objective is the rehabilitation of the whole child and young man with a neuro-muscular-skeletal disability
- Cardboard is sold or used to save files.
- Cleaning materials are made with sheets and towels that are no longer used.
- Collect plastic bottle caps for the Ibiray Center. Ibiray Center is a non-profit foundation created for children with severe cerebral disability. Children sort colored caps and sell them to obtain materials to the foundation.
- Tea bags are donated to Dr. Manuel Quintela Pink Ladies. The Pink Ladies are a group of ladies who accompany patients to provide moral and spiritual support. They receive the tea bags and sell them. With the proceeds, they buy diapers and clothing for newborns.
- Dual-sided printing for any departmental documents
- All detergents used are biodegradable.
- Disused oil is donated to a cooperative that produces fuel with it.
- Restaurant offers a healthy menu, featuring food suitable for those with celiac disease and diabetes.
- Hotel chefs cook with 0% trans-fat oil.
- Purchase jams and preserves from a cooperative of rural women engaged in the development of such products.
- Control operating hours of air-conditioning equipment through intelligent control
- Evacuation drills
- Frequency inverters are used to obtain the minimum consumption of water pumps.
- Generators use natural gas.
- Installed a hot water system to stabilize the heating and air-conditioning system at a temperature which is sufficient to serve and minimize energy consumption.
- LED luminaries to replace halogen lamps
- Lamp-type fluorescent-discharge lamps
- Showers with consumer regulators
- Variable-frequency drives are also used in large air-conditioning ventilators.
- Agreements with hotels
- Blood donor club
- Employees can apply for training in different areas of the hotel and thereby gain knowledge and experience.
- External training for employees
- Hotel allows family members
- Hotel receives students from different institutes for internships.
- Presentations by doctors about handling of garbage, HIV and other diseases
- Training and lectures to students
Students are taught how to present a resume and how to present yourself in a job interview.
- Unpaid leave is granted to employees.