Hotels play an important role in the travel and tourism industry, which contributes to the economic development of local communities around the world. We have a responsibility to the people and the physical environment of those communities – a responsibility to see that the community is not hurt by our presence, but rather enhanced by it, both economically and socially.
We achieve this goal by going about our business in a responsible manner. Radisson Hotels & Resorts, Responsible Business is centered around three important areas:
1.- Taking responsibility for diversity, inclusion; and the health, safety and security of our employees and guest
2.- Showing leadership in social and ethical responsibility issues within the company as well as in the community
3.- Reducing our negative impact on the environment
Radisson has a rich history of Responsible Business practices, offering a strong foundation as we continue to build on that history. Ultimately, we strive to serve the common good through our commitment to social responsibility. World Childhood Foundation
Radisson Hotels is proud to support the WORLD CHILDHOOD FOUNDATION, which is committed to defending the rights of the child and securing better living conditions for children and young women at risk all over the world. www.childhood.orgECPAT
Radisson has signed and is committed to upholding The Code of Conduct to Protect Children Against Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism. ‘The Code’. Through this international set of guidelines, supported by ECPAT, travel and tourism companies have pledged to help end commercial sex trade of children. www.ecpat.net
, and www.thecode.orgUnited Nations Global Compact
Carlson was one of the first global hospitality companies to sign the United Nations Global Compact, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world. www.globalcompact.orgGeneral Hotel Initiatives (including 3rd party certifications)
- We donate carpets to rural schools or institutes that are usually used in their libraries.
- We are godparents of CERMU (Mental Retardation Education Center of Uruguay).
- We support Teleton Center with rooms and lounges all year. The Teleton technical objective is the rehabilitation of the whole child and young man with a neuro-musculo-skeletal disability.
- We donate weekend stays to non-profit institutions, NGO'S, for example: Lions Club.
Food & Beverage
- All rooms are checked daily.
- Cleaning materials are made with sheets and towels that are no longer used.
- We gather plastic bottle caps that are delivered to the Ibiray Center. Ibiray Center is a non-profit foundation created for children with severe cerebral disability. Children sort colored caps and sell them to obtain materials to the foundation.
- Tea bags are donated to Dr. Manuel Quintela Pink Ladies. The Pink Ladies are a group of ladies who accompany patients voluntarily providing moral and spiritual support. They receive the tea bags and sell them. With the proceeds, they buy diapers and clothing for newborns.
- We use both sides of a sheet to print any document from the department.
- Cardboard: Sold or used to save files.
Engineering & Maintenance
- The disused oil is donated to a cooperative that produces fuel with it.
- All detergents used are biodegradable.
- Healthy Menu: At the Restaurant, our menu offers food suitable for celiac and diabetics.
- We cook with 0% trans fat oil.
- We buy products like jams and preserves in syrup from a cooperative of rural women engaged in the development of such products.
- There is a hot water system to stabilize the heating and air conditioning system at a temperature which is sufficient to serve and minimize energy consumption.
- Control operating hours of air conditioning equipment through intelligent control.
- Frequency inverters are used to obtain the minimum consumption of water pumps.
- Variable-frequency drives are also used in large air-conditioning ventilators.
- The generators use natural gas.
- LED luminaries to replace halogen lamps
- Lamp-type fluorescent-discharge lamps
- Showers with consumer regulator
- Evacuation drills
- Agreements with hotels.
- Presentations by doctors about handling of garbage, HIV and other diseases.
- Our hotel allows family members.
- Blood donor club
- Unpaid leave is granted to employees.
- Our employees can apply for training in different areas of the hotel, and thereby gain knowledge and experience.
- Training and lectures to students. We explain then how to present a resume and how to present yourself in a job interview.
- We receive students from different institutes for internships.
- External training for our employees.