New Year's Eve Celebration
Mile of Music New Year's Eve - 2014
Original artists return to Downtown Appleton for a night of amazing artistry and great music! Ring in the New Year with some of your favorite musicians.
Headlining the bill is Desert Noises, the indie rock band from Provo, Utah that created quite a buzz during Mile of Music in August with several showcases. Their high-energy sets at Mile 2 followed a much-talked-about performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago the week before the Downtown Appleton fest. Desert Noises features unbridled, infectious rock driven by front-man Kyle Henderson, bassist Tyler Osmond, guitarist Patrick Boyer and drummer Brennan Allen. The band has shared the stage with the likes of Blitzen Trapper, Local Natives and the Head and the Heart, among others, and draws from Americana, blues and psychedelic.
Also tabbed to return are:
- Nashville’s Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes, the indie rock and synth-pop quartet that was named to Esquire magazine’s 15 bands to watch in 2014
- Boom Forest, another top emerging band from Nashville, with ties to Baraboo and Madison, Wisconsin and strong connections to PHOX, the breaking Wisconsin band that played the first Mile of Music. Boom Forest features the soaring vocals and intricate songwriting of John Paul Roney and delivers “folk metal” that touches the soul
- Ruben, the blues rock and roll quartet from Stillwater, Minnesota that features horns, four musicians taking turns on lead vocals, and a number of vintage influences;
- Bruiser Queen, the garage pop duo from St. Louis featuring the punchy voice and guitar of Morgan Nusbaum paired with Jason Potter on drums
- Kyle Megna & The Monsoons, the indie rock quintet with tinges of folk, blues and jazz will carry the flag for the Fox Valley music scene at Encore Eve
New Year's Eve Dinner and Entertainment Package starting at $235 per couple plus tax
- Salad (buffet style)
- Mesclun salad with dried Cranberries, Pears and finished with Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Flatbreads topped with fig jam, Goat Cheese, Almonds and Bacon
- Antipasto tray
- Trio of Bruschetta, Tomato, Honey and feta, Mushroom Ragout And lemon Artichoke accompanied by fresh baked flatbreads
- Entrée (buffet style)
- Medallions of Beef tenderloin finished with a Pinot Noir Glaze
- Pesto crusted Salmon with red pepper coulis
- Roulade of Chicken with Spinach Artichokes and topped with Parmesan cheese
- White Cheddar mashed potatoes
- Mixed grains
- Root Vegetables Gratin
- Roasted Broccoli with lemon garlic
- Trio of dessert (served table side) featuring
- Eggnog cheesecake
- Chocolate cake with peppermint icing
- White cake layered with strawberries
Dinner will only be available for purchase with a room package—not be available ala carte.
Tickets for entertainment only are available in person at the front desk or by contacting Pam at +1 (920) 733-8000 ext 1529. Ticket prices are $25 in advance or $35 the day of the event.
For more information, visit www.mileofmusic.com.
5 day forecast
- Offer subject to availability
- Additional restrictions may apply
- Contact the hotel directly for details