We have been awarded a 4 key rating from the Green Key Eco-Rating Program
- recognizing us as a hotel that has taken significant steps to protect the environment. Strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs and engineering solutions have been implemented which have benefited the environment and the local community.
Hotels play an important role in the travel and tourism industry, which contributes to the economic development of local communities around the world. We have a responsibility to the people and the physical environment of those communities—a responsibility to see that the community is not hurt by our presence, but rather, enhanced by it, both economical and socially.
Among hotels in Quito, the Radisson aims to achieve this goal by going about business in a responsible manner that helps protect our guests and the environment. Our responsible business practices are centered around three areas:
- Taking responsibility for diversity, and the health, safety and security of our employees and guests.
- Showing leadership in social and ethical responsibility issues within the company as well as in the community.
- Reducing our negative impact on the environment.
Radisson has a rich history of Responsible Business practices, offering a strong foundation and continuing to build on that foundation to create a better tomorrow for all of us. Ultimately, we strive to serve the common good through our commitment to social responsibility.
In 2011, Radisson Royal Quito Hotel, as part of its commitment to society the and community at large, developed a Social Responsibility program that this year has favored IFEEN (Instituto Fiscal De Educación Especial del Norte), which houses about 170 children with Down Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy and Cerebral Palsy. To support this institution, the hotel has created a system which will add a voluntary donation of one dollar to each guest’s final bill upon check out. These voluntary guest donations will help the above-mentioned children.
Every time a guest arrives to the Hotel, he or she receives a welcome courtesy with a card made by IFEEN children duly signed by our General Manager. With this card guests are informed about this voluntary contribution.World Childhood Foundation
Radisson Hotels are proud to support the World Childhood Foundation, which is committed to defending the rights of the child and securing better living conditions for children and young women at risk all over the world. www.childhood.orgECPAT
Radisson has signed and is committed to upholding The Code of Conduct to Protect Children Against Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism, ‘The Code’. Through this international set of guidelines, supported by ECPAT, travel and tourism companies have pledged to help end commercial sex trade of children. www.ecpat.net
, and www.thecode.orgUnited Nations Global Compact
Carlson was one of the first global hospitality companies to sign the United Nations Global Compact, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world. www.globalcompact.orgGeneral Hotel Initiatives (including 3rd party certifications)
- On January 8th, we made a donation of toys and clothes to the Foundation San Vicente de Paul, an orphanage for kids and teenagers from newborns to age 16.
- The hotel is planning to purchase seeds and plant trees in the city or valleys close by.
- We have a recycling plan in every area of the hotel.
- On April 21, 2013, we organized the "Mother's Earth Event" in commemoration of the world's Earth Day. The event consisted of the collection and recycling of waste in "La Carolina's Park", one of the most representative and popular parks in Quito city.
Conference & Meeting Services
- Our rooms use pens made of 92% cornstarch, making them 92% biodegradable.
- For the next year, all of our amenities are going to be biodegradable.
- We always place a card next to the sink which contains information advising the guest to use only a glass of water every time that they brush their teeth.
- Guest room laundry (bed linens and sheets) is collected in reusable bags.
- All rooms are energy efficient.
- We recycle glass containers by donating them to an area nursing home.
Food & Beverage
- Meeting rooms offer pens made of 92% cornstarch, making them 92% biodegradable.
Engineering & Maintenance
- All leftover oil, paper products and other catering items are donated or recycled.
- The hotel uses a majority of biodegradable products to reduce environmental impact.
- The hotel reuses or recycles products and has sensors to save water and electricity.
- All of our providers are responsible within the community and have certification proving that they care about the environment and follow recycling plans.