Responsible BusinessRÉSERVER ▼▲
Quito Accommodations Promote Responsible Business
Hotels play an important role in the travel and tourism industry, and the Radisson Royal Quito accommodations are committed to contributing to the economic development of the local community and local communities around the world. We have a responsibility to the people and the physical environment of those communities—a responsibility to see that the community is not hurt by our presence, but rather, enhanced by it, both economical and socially.
The Radisson aims to achieve this goal by going about business in a responsible manner that helps protect our guests and the environment. Our responsible business practices are centered around three areas:
- Taking responsibility for diversity, and the health, safety and security of our employees and guests.
- Showing leadership in social and ethical responsibility issues within the company as well as in the community.
- Reducing our negative impact on the environment.
Radisson has a rich history of Responsible Business practices, offering a strong foundation and continuing to build on that foundation to create a better tomorrow for all of us. Ultimately, we strive to serve the common good through our commitment to social responsibility.
Since 2011, Radisson Royal Quito, as part of its commitment to society and the community at large, has developed a Social Responsibility program that has favored different institutions that support children and youngsters in need. To support these institutions, the hotel has created a system that will add a voluntary donation of one dollar to each guest's final bill upon check-out. These voluntary donations go directly to helping the children mentioned above.
Every time a guest arrives to the hotel, he or she receives a welcome courtesy with a card signed by the General Manager. With this card guests are informed about this voluntary contribution.
World Childhood Foundation
Radisson Hotels are proud to support the World Childhood Foundation, which is committed to defending the rights of the child and securing better living conditions for children and young women at risk all over the world.
Radisson has signed and is committed to upholding The Code of Conduct to Protect Children Against Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism, ‘The Code’. Through this international set of guidelines, supported by ECPAT, travel and tourism companies have pledged to help end commercial sex trade of children.
United Nations Global Compact
Carlson was one of the first global hospitality companies to sign the United Nations Global Compact, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world.
General Hotel Initiatives (including third-party certifications)
- On September 21, 2013, Radisson Royal Quito accomplished yet another very important community project: "The Radisson Health Day." With a group of volunteer doctors from Quito's different universities, dental and medical check-ups were performed on 70 children from the Father Oscar Romero's Dinner Foundation, sponsored by the hotel since last year. A seminar was given on dental health and hygiene. Medication and dental kits were handed out to the children.
- On June 2, 2013, the hotel organized the Children's Day Event in commemoration of Children's Day in Ecuador. The event took place in one of the hotel's meeting rooms, where children from Monsignor Oscar Romero Foundation enjoyed a magician, a clown, a puppet show, face painting, a cotton candy station, football, a food station and more.
- On April 21, 2013, we organized the "Mother's Earth Event" in commemoration of the world's Earth Day. The event consisted of the collection and recycling of waste in "La Carolina's Park," one of the most representative and popular parks in Quito city.
- Our rooms use pens made of 92% cornstarch, making them 92% biodegradable.
- We were the first hotel in the world to use biodegradable bottles for our room amenities.
- We always place a card next to the sink which contains information advising guests to use only a glass of water every time they brush their teeth.
- Guest room laundry (bed linens and sheets) is collected in reusable bags.
- All rooms are energy efficient.
- We recycle glass containers by donating them to an area nursing home.
Conference & Meeting Services
- Meeting rooms offer pens made of 92% cornstarch, making them 92% biodegradable.
Food & Beverage
- All leftover oil, paper products and other catering items are donated or recycled.
- The hotel uses a majority of biodegradable products to reduce environmental impact.
Engineering & Maintenance
- The hotel reuses or recycles products, and has sensors to save water and electricity.
- All of our providers are responsible within the community and have certifications proving that they care about the environment and follow recycling plans.
Find out more about how the Radisson Royal Quito takes action in the local community.