Waterfront Lake Michigan Hotel in Racine, Wisconsin
The Racine area has wonderful sites to explore while visiting Southeastern Wisconsin. Whether you are looking to schedule a Charter Fishing excursion or spend family time at the Racine Zoo, these attractions are near the Radisson Hotel Racine Harbourwalk. Located just 20 miles from Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport, this lake Michigan hotel offers easy access to other attractions like the historic Windpoint Lighthouse, Racine Art Museum and Racine History Museum. In addition, the Radisson is just a short drive away from other great Wisconsin destinations such as Miller Park, the Jelly Belly Candy Co. and Fortaleza Hall. Wherever you find yourself exploring while in Racine, the Radisson offers a quick commute and an outstanding view of Lake Michigan.
Attractions near this hotel in Racine, Wisconsin include:
- Carthage College (8.6 miles)
Carthage is a private college of the liberal arts and sciences, affiliated with the Lutheran Church in America.
- Fortaleza Hall (1.8 miles)
Fortaleza Hall, named for the Brazilian city at the heart of two life-changing expeditions by the Johnson family, is a tribute to the late Sam Johnson, the fourth-generation leader of the SC Johnson company. The building honors the indelible mark Sam Johnson left on the company, the community of Racine and the people of SC Johnson.
- Gaslight Pointe Marina (adjacent)
Directly adjacent to the Radisson Hotel Racine, this marina sits along the shores of Lake Michigan and provides state-of-the-art facilities, allowing you to enjoy sailing at one of the most successful developments in Racine.
Phone: +1 (262) 637-0400
- First In-Proposition Fishing Charters (adjacent)
This charter fishing service offers outstanding fishing excursions in Lake Michigan. You will enjoy scenic views and exciting fishing while taking off from Racine's Marina.
Phone: 1 (920) 737-3350
- Jelly Belly Visitor Center & Tours (18.4 miles)
Located just off the I-94 Chicago/Milwaukee corridor, the Pleasant Prairie Jelly Belly factory offers daily tours on the Jelly Belly Express inside the company's expansive warehouse and distribution center. Here you can sample over 100 candies and enjoy tours Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Phone: +1 (866) 868-7522
- Miller Park (30 miles)
Home of MLB's Milwaukee Brewers, Miller Park offers exclusive year-round tours of the dugout, luxury suite seating levels, visiting clubhouse, press box and announcer's booth. To guarantee optimal playing conditions, this state-of-the-art baseball facility features the only fan-shaped, convertible roof in North America.
Phone: +1 (414) 902-4005
- Racine Civic Centre (0.6 miles)
Just off the shores of Lake Michigan, this multi-purpose facility hosts a variety of festivals, special events, trade shows and dinner theater events.
Phone: +1 (262) 636-9229
- Racine Theatre Guild (2.0 miles)
Offering a variety of theatre arts productions throughout the year, this volunteer-based community theatre provides cultural entertainment for visitors and residents of Racine. Contact the box office for information and show times.
Phone: +1 (262) 633-4218
- Racine Zoo (1.2 miles)
This zoo offers several year-round special events, the Adventureland playground, animal encounters and habitats, as well as discounts for special groups and parties. Make sure to check out the 2,000-gallon saltwater fish habitat.
Phone: +1 (262) 636-9189
- Riverbend Nature Center (3.6 miles)
Situated on 80 acres along the banks of the Root River, this center features a variety of seasonal events and programs. Hiking trails are free to the public and are open from dawn to dusk.
Phone: +1 (262) 639-0930
- University of Wisconsin Parkside (8.8 miles)
The University of Wisconsin–Parkside, also known as UW–Parkside, is a four-year public university located in Kenosha, WI.
- Windpoint Lighthouse (4.4 miles)
At 108 feet tall, this is one of the tallest and oldest lighthouses still serving navigators on the Great Lakes. Its fog horns, which last sounded in 1964, could be heard for 10 miles.
Phone: +1 (262) 880-8266
Please note, Highway 20 ramp in Racine County will be closed for the 2014 Summer and Fall season.
From Milwaukee, Wisconsin (or points north)
- I-94 (east) to Highway County K (exit 329)
- Exit on Highway County K and go east
- Stay on Highway County K (Northwestern Ave.) which will merge into Highway 38
- Continue on Highway 38 then turn left onto State Street
- Take Street east until Gaslight Circle
- Turn right on to Gaslight Circle (located in front of parking structure)
- Follow this around and it will take you to the Radisson Hotel front entrance
From Chicago, Illinois (or points south)
- I-94 (west) to Highway 11 (exit 335)
- Exit on Highway 11 and go east
- Stay on Highway 11 (Durand Ave.) then turn left on to Ohio Street
- Turn right on to Highway 20 (Washington Ave.)
- Turn left on to Main Street
- Take Main Street north until Gaslight Drive (before Main Street Bridge)
- Turn right on to Gaslight Drive for two blocks
- Turn right on to Gaslight Circle, hotel will be on your right, around the circle
Milwaukee, General Mitchell International - MKE (20 miles)
The Radisson offers airport shuttle service with advance reservations. There is a $39.00 USD fee each way.
Alternate transportation: Airport Connection
Estimated taxi fare: $50.00 USD (one way)
Phone: +1 (414) 747-5300