Traveler Reviews brought to you by
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Based on 445 traveler reviews
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Scranton
56% of travelers recommend
Type of Traveler
Traveler tips help you choose the right room. Room Tips (5)
Most Recent Traveler Reviews:
- Adam SDallas, United States“I love the train station vibe!”ReviewedMarch 14, 2015Trip type:CouplesThe best part of the hotel is the old train station theme that the hotel has. We also had a great view of downtown Scranton from our hotel window. Service was good, but I don't understand why hotels like this don't serve continental breakfast.StayedMarch 2015Review collected in partnership with this hotel
- Frederick Leaston, United States“Hotel Experince”ReviewedMarch 09, 2015Trip type:FamilyThe hotel seems to be more interested in its bar/night club busines as opposed to the hotel patrons. The parking attendant was rude. The people next door to us stayed up until 3:00 a.m. so we could not go to sleep/get a good nights sleep.StayedMarch 2015Review collected in partnership with this hotelMarch 15, 2015Thank you for making us aware of your concerns during your most recent stay. We take all replies very seriously to continuously improve and review all replies with our staff as we are very committed to maintaining our excellent service reviews and our "Yes I Can!" service culture. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next visit to Scranton, and I will assure that all is flawless.
- Thomas V“Beautiful old building but needs updating.”ReviewedMarch 09, 2015Trip type:FamilyThe converted Lackawana Station in my favorite place stay when I come up to ski at Elk Mountain, about 30 minutes north of Scranton. If you like history the building is fantastic. The rooms need some updating. The beds are uncomfortable and the halls and rooms are a bit tired.StayedMarch 2015Review collected in partnership with this hotelMarch 15, 2015Thank you for staying with us once again on your annual ski vacation in Northeastern Pa. We hope you enjoyed the excellent conditions at Elk Mountain this year! We are continuously improving every aspect of the sensational historical restoration of the grand Lackawanna Station. We have recently posted the exciting renovation boards in our Lobby to showcase the wonderful guest room design package undertaken this year. We look very forward to your feedback. Please let me know if I may be of any personal assistance for your return visit.
- Rachel NToronto, Canada“Wouldn't stay again”ReviewedMarch 08, 2015Trip type:CouplesWe were extremely dissatisfied with our experience at this hotel. 1. We specifically chose this hotel, as it was advertised online, to have a sauna. We called from the road, and specifically asked the reservations desk, if the hotel had a sauna. We were assured that it did indeed. We were quoted a price of $103.00 plus tax as a senior rate. After we had checked in, we went to inspect the sauna, only to see a notice posted, "NOT WORKING". We were tired, and not in the mood to move to another hotel. We had a coupon for Quality Inn Hotel on O'Neill Hwy. in Dunmore @ $59.99. We have stayed at that hotel numerous times in the past, and have found it to be a very satisfactory stay. 2. There was extremely poor lighting in the bathroom/ shower. One dim wattage bulb, was all that lit the bathroom. 3. The blow dryer fastened to the bathroom wall kept on falling off it's mount. 4. When I left in the morning at 6:30 a.m (this was prior to check out), I went to the lobby for a coffee. I was told, "oh certainly, please come right here. What would you like? small, medium, cream, sugar? having made my choice, I was then told, "that will be $2.12, please". I was taken aback. I said " I have stayed in many locations, and have never been charged for a coffee. " "Oh, we are a full service hotel. If you make a coffee in your room, then there is no charge." I wasn't going to return to my room at that point, so I just paid for the coffee and left to my appointment. When we complained upon checkout, we were told, that the most they could do for us, was give us a $25.00 credit. We feel that we should have received a full refund, based on the misleading information we received, and the unsatisfactory conditions we experience. As I noted above, we specifically chose this hotel, for the sauna, and wanted to experience a stay at an upscale property. I am sorry to say, that our experience left us extremely disappointed. Based on this experience, and the response we got, we definitely would not choose this location again, nor would we recommend it to anyone else.StayedFebruary 2015Review collected in partnership with this hotelMarch 15, 2015Thank you for the taking the time to write about your most recent stay. We review all comments with our entire staff as we are all very committed to our "Yes I Can!" service culture. I certainly do apologize that we did not communicate properly. We are very excited about the Hotel & Guest Room Restoration and Refresh that we are undertaking as we continue to restore and elevate this grand and historic station. Our 24-Hour Fitness Center is expanding its current footprint as we are adding some new equipment as well as space for stretching, yoga and light workout area. Unfortunately, the sauna is being removed and I do apologize. We have a wonderful relationship for our guests at the very large and expansive Uno Fitness just a few blocks away, which also conducts classes of all interests. We do indeed offer complimentary coffee in all of our guest rooms. Please feel free to contact me for your next stay if you may be interested in a special flavor or brew for your room. Our Station Proudly Brew Café opens at 5am daily to offer a wonderful Starbuck's experience with fresh brew and specialty coffee drinks but is not included in our overnight lodging rates. It is very important to me that your next stay is memorable.
- Marisol MDayton, United States“Free Shuttle Service”ReviewedMarch 06, 2015Trip type:BusinessThe free shuttle was a great service, the guys were respectful, clean, and willing to take you or pick you up from any location. The location (in good weather) its great. The pillows were super comfortable, I slept very well. Nice little hotel!StayedMarch 2015Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1-5 of 92 reviews
These reviews are the subjective opinions of individual travelers and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
© 2014 TripAdvisor LLC