53rd International Congress on Medieval Studies: May 10–14, 2018
Welcome to Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center is proud to be a preferred hotel for guests of the 53rd International Congress on Medieval Studies, being held from May 10–14, 2018.
The International Congress on Medieval Studies is an annual gathering of around 3,000 scholars interested in medieval studies. Featuring hundreds of sessions focused papers, panel discussions roundtables and workshops, this event also includes 100 business meetings and receptions sponsored by various societies, associations and institutions. The exhibit hall will include nearly 70 exhibitors, such as publishers, used book dealers and purveyors of medieval sundries. The congress lasts three and a half days, starting Thursday morning with sessions beginning at 10 a.m., and the event will conclude Sunday at noon.
While traveling to and from Kalamazoo, you also have the opportunity to take in many fascinating locations. Kalamazoo is less than an hour’s drive from the beaches and shoreline communities of Lake Michigan. We’re also located right between Chicago and Detroit.
Kalamazoo is known for its colleges and universities, pharmaceutical and research industry, Checker cabs, world-class guitar trade, microbreweries and the arts. Our city is home to the Gilmore Festival and highly innovative community endeavors such as “The Promise”—which pays the full cost of college tuition for local students. You can learn all about these and others directly from the people involved.
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo—as made famous by Glen Miller. There’s a lot in store to ensure an invigorating experience, so come join the fun!
Reservations can be made by calling +1 (800) 333-3333 (US/Canada toll-free) or by contacting the hotel directly at +1 (269) 343-3333. You must identify yourself with the International Congress on Medieval Studies to receive the discounted rate of $143 to $233 (plus tax) per night. Reservations can be made from this page by entering your arrival and departure dates to the right. The Radisson has extended the discounted hotel rate for up to two nights pre- and post-convention. To take advantage of that offer while rooms remain available, you will need to call the hotel for special booking.
Rate and hotel amenities
Those attending the 2018 International Congress on Medieval Studies are guaranteed conference rates of $143 to $233 (plus tax) per night depending upon the type of room at the Radisson Plaza Hotel Kalamazoo.
Other amenities that Radisson offers:
- Free Wi-Fi in every room
- Indoor swimming pool and whirlpool
- State-of-the-art workout facility
- Four on-site restaurants to fit your needs
- Full-service breakfast restaurant
- Business center
- Convenient parking
- Radisson RewardsTM program—join now!
- Rio Coffee and Gifts
- Take I-94 to exit 74-B, Westnedge Ave N.
- Stay on Westnedge Ave for 4.3 miles
- Westnedge becomes a one-way street called Park St.
- You will reach the intersection of Park St. and Michigan Ave. in the downtown area
- Turn right onto Michigan Ave. and get into the left-hand turn lane
- The hotel is one block down on the NE corner of Rose St. and Michigan Ave.
- Booking Start Date: August 10, 2017
- Booking End Date: April 17, 2018
- This rate is available for stays from May 8, 2018 to May 13, 2018.
- This offer is subject to availability.
- Additional restrictions may apply.