Explore Mayan ruins or the barrier reef
Positioned minutes from companies and many things to do in Belize City, Radisson Fort George Hotel and Marina is perfect for couples, families and corporate travelers. Our diving tours make it easy to see the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere or view wild manatees around the offshore cayes. You can also browse exhibitions at The Museum of Belize or go shopping at downtown retailers. If you’re a history buff, you do not want to miss the Mayan ruins at Altun Ha, just a 30-minute drive from the hotel.
- Offshore Cayes (tours start from our on-site dive shop)
Four islands with white sands and palm trees sit atop the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere just outside of Belize City. Visit our hotel’s dive shop to begin exploring these cayes.
- Belize City Cruise Port (0.1 mile)
Watch boats set sail from this popular cruise ship terminal, located within walking distance of downtown.
Downtown and educational institutions
- Downtown Belize City (0.5 miles)
Head downtown to relax in King’s Park, discover the campus of St. John’s College, roll the dice at a casino, or browse the local retailers.
- University of Belize (1 mile)
As the country’s official institution of higher learning, the University of Belize boasts six campuses and numerous degree programs, including business education, mathematics and social work.
Phone: +501 822-3680
- The Museum of Belize (0.5 miles)
Before 2002, this stately building was Her Majesty’s Prison. Today, it houses Belizean artifacts of scientific, historic and artistic significance, including Mayan relics dating back to 250 B.C.
Phone: +501 223-4524
- Government House (1 mile)
This residence housed the country’s governors for nearly 150 years before it was converted into a national landmark. Walk the grounds or sign up for a tour of the interior to learn more.
Phone: +501 227-3050
- Altun Ha (30 miles)
The most visited Mayan site in the country, Altun Ha offers glimpses into the history and culture of this ancient civilization.
Directions to the Radisson from the BZE airport
- Take a right from the airport cut-off onto the Northern Highway, directly into the city entrance.
- Continue straight onto Freetown Road past a set of street lights, past the town clock and onto Barrack Road.
- Turn left at Craig Street, right at Eve Street, left at Queen Street, right onto Gabourel Lane and then left at North Front Street.
- Follow North Front Street into Cork Street. The hotel is at the end of Cork Street.