Things to do on the lake and in the city
While some travelers are happy to explore nearby coastal attractions like the Aerial Lift Bridge and Canal Park, others like to venture to the Twin Cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis, about two hours from the hotel.
Check out these nearby points of interest:
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum (0.1 mile)
See a fascinating collection of vintage trains and equipment at this museum inside the Historic Union Depot, a bustling 20th-century station that operated for nearly 100 years.
Phone: +1 (218) 727-8025
- Great Lakes Aquarium (0.3 miles)
Introducing guests to the enthralling wildlife of freshwater, this aquarium was the first all-freshwater aquarium in the United States.
Phone: +1 (218) 740-3474
- Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC) (0.4 miles)
Hosting premier events and performances in the center of Duluth, the DECC is a sought-out venue for conferences, musical concerts, dance performances and UMD Bulldog hockey games.
Phone: +1 (218) 722-5573
- Duluth-Superior Vista Fleet Cruises (0.5 miles)
Whether you’re looking for a fun way to see the North Shore’s coastal architecture or you want to enjoy a relaxing dinner at sunset, Vista Fleet offers a variety of cruises that create a memorable aquatic escape.
Phone: +1 (218) 722-6218
- The Duluth Lakewalk (0.5 miles)
This scenic boardwalk follows the St. Louis River, which empties into Lake Superior. You can walk or bike the more than three-mile stretch all at once, or stop at area shops along the way.
- Lake Superior Marine Museum (1 mile)
At this free museum, you can learn about the local shipping industry before watching the magnificent boats pass through the canal right outside.
Phone: +1 (218) 720-5260
- University of Minnesota Duluth (3.5 miles)
Made up of 50 buildings, this 244-acre campus gives you plenty of touring material. For a taste of school spirit, attend a Bulldogs home game.
Phone: +1 (218) 726-8000
- Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory (4 miles)
See bald eagles, boreal owls and a variety of other bird species at Hawk Ridge. While you can visit this bird sanctuary year round, September and October feature live bird demonstrations.
Phone: +1 (218) 428-6209
- Positive Energy Outdoors (15 miles)
This is your chance to experience those adventurous activities you may have thought about but never tried. Go dog sledding, rock or ice climbing, skijoring or kayaking at this outdoor haven.
Phone: +1 (218) 391-0147
- Canal Park Mobil Gas (0.6 miles)
- Duluth International Airport (DLH) (6.4 miles)
- Following I-35, take the exit at 5th Avenue.
- Turn north; the hotel entrance is half a block north of Superior Street.