Find things to do on the lake and in the city
If you’re in town for a performance, you won’t have to walk far to reach the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center, connected to the hotel via the Skywalk system. Don’t miss the chance to see Lake Superior on a Vista Fleet dinner cruise with your love, and be sure to explore exciting nearby attractions like the Lincoln Park Craft District during your stay in Duluth.
Museums and aquariums:
- The Depot (0.1 mile)
Housed in the historic Duluth Union Depot, the St. Louis County Heritage & Arts Center is home to the Duluth Art Institute, the Minnesota Ballet and the fascinating Lake Superior Railroad Museum.
Phone: +1 (218) 727-8025
- Great Lakes Aquarium (0.3 miles)
Featuring an enthralling array of wildlife, this aquarium is one of the few in the United States that focuses on freshwater fish.
Phone: +1 (218) 740-3474
- Lake Superior Marine Museum (1 mile)
At this free museum, you can learn about the local shipping industry before watching the magnificent boats pass through the canal.
Phone: +1 (218) 720-5260
On and around Lake Superior:
- Bayfront Festival Park (0.3 miles)
Located on the shores of Lake Superior, this public park is an easy walk or shuttle ride from our hotel. Buy tickets for a concert or a festival from June through September, or enjoy ice skating and holiday lights every winter.
- Duluth Lakewalk (0.5 miles)
This scenic boardwalk follows the St. Louis River, which empties into Lake Superior. You can walk or bike the more than three-mile stretch all at once or stop at area shops along the way.
- Vista Fleet Cruises (0.5 miles)
Whether you’re looking for a fun way to see the North Shore’s coastal architecture or you want to enjoy a relaxing dinner at sunset, Vista Fleet offers a variety of cruises.
Phone: +1 (218) 722-6218
- Park Point Beach (4.8 miles)
Head to the end of Minnesota Avenue to lounge on the world’s longest freshwater sandbar. In addition to sand volleyball courts and a snack shop, this seven-mile-long beach also features on-duty lifeguards during the summer season.
Outdoor adventures and tours:
- The Duluth Experience (2 miles)
Take an active part in seeing the Duluth area by booking an excursion with this tour group. Options include mountain biking, brewery tours, city tours and kayak adventures.
Phone: +1 (218) 464-6337
- Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory (4 miles)
See bald eagles, boreal owls and a variety of other bird species at Hawk Ridge. The sanctuary is open year-round, with live bird demonstrations in September and October.
Phone: +1 (218) 428-6209
- Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC) and AMSOIL Arena (0.4 miles)
The DECC and AMSOIL Arena host conferences, musical concerts, dance performances and UMD Bulldog hockey games.
Phone: +1 (218) 722-5573
- NorShor Theatre (0.7 miles)
Now home to community theater performances from The Duluth Playhouse and opera by Lyric Opera of the North, this historical site has hosted performances of various kinds since it began as the Grand Opera House in 1883.
Phone: +1 (218) 733-7555
- Lincoln Park Craft District (1.2 miles)
Duluth’s hippest arts district is bursting with energy and a variety of dining and shopping options. Stop by Bent Paddle Brewing Company, OMC Smokehouse, Damage Boardshop, Duluth Pottery and more.
- University of Minnesota Duluth (3.5 miles)
Tour some of the more than 50 buildings at this beautiful 244-acre campus. For a taste of school spirit, attend a Bulldogs home game.
Phone: +1 (218) 726-8000
Local breweries and taprooms:
- Blacklist Artisan Ales (0.6 miles)
Phone: +1 (218) 606-1610
- Canal Park Brewing Company (0.7 miles)
Phone: +1 (218) 464-4790
- Hoops Brewing (0.8 miles)
Phone: +1 (218) 606-1666
- Canal Park Mobil Gas (0.6 miles)
- Duluth International Airport (DLH) (6.4 miles)
- Following I-35, take the exit at 5th Avenue.
- Turn north; the hotel entrance is half a block north of Superior Street.
Please note: The Superior Street Upgrade Project will be completed in October 2018. Please use the following directions from I-35:
- Take the Michigan St. exit off I-35.
- Take a left at 5th Ave. W.
- Continue half a block past Superior St.
- The Radisson will be on your left (mid-block).