Things to do on the lake and in the city
If you’re in town for a performance, you’ll appreciate that we’re connected to the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center via the Skywalk system. Don’t miss the chance to see Lake Superior on a Vista Fleet dinner cruise with your love, and be sure to explore nearby coastal attractions like Canal Park during your stay in Duluth.
Museums and aquariums
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum (0.1 mile)
See a fascinating collection of vintage trains and equipment at this museum inside the Historic Union Depot, a bustling 20th-century station that operated for nearly 100 years.
Phone: +1 (218) 727-8025
- Great Lakes Aquarium (0.3 miles)
Introducing guests to the enthralling wildlife of freshwater, this aquarium is one of the few in the United States that focuses on freshwater fish.
Phone: +1 (218) 740-3474
- Lake Superior Marine Museum (1 mile)
At this free museum, you can learn about the local shipping industry before watching the magnificent boats pass through the canal right outside.
Phone: +1 (218) 720-5260
On and around Lake Superior
- Duluth Lakewalk (0.5 miles)
This scenic boardwalk follows the St. Louis River, which empties into Lake Superior. You can walk or bike the more than three-mile stretch all at once, or stop at area shops along the way.
- Vista Fleet Cruises (0.5 miles)
Whether you’re looking for a fun way to see the North Shore’s coastal architecture or you want to enjoy a relaxing dinner at sunset, Vista Fleet offers a variety of cruises.
Phone: +1 (218) 722-6218
Entertainment and education
- Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC) and AMSOIL Arena (0.4 miles)
The DECC and AMSOIL Arena host conferences, musical concerts, dance performances and UMD Bulldog hockey games.
Phone: +1 (218) 722-5573
- University of Minnesota Duluth (3.5 miles)
Made up of 50 buildings, this 244-acre campus gives you plenty of touring material. For a taste of school spirit, attend a Bulldogs home game.
Phone: +1 (218) 726-8000
Outdoor adventures and tours
- The Duluth Experience Tours (2 miles)
Take an active part in seeing the Duluth area by booking an excursion with this group! Activity options include mountain biking, brewery tours, city tours and kayak adventures.
Phone: +1 (218) 464-6337
- Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory (4 miles)
See bald eagles, boreal owls and a variety of other bird species at Hawk Ridge. While you can visit this bird sanctuary year-round, September and October feature live bird demonstrations.
Phone: +1 (218) 428-6209
- Canal Park Mobil Gas (0.6 miles)
- Duluth International Airport (DLH) (6.4 miles)
- Following I-35, take the exit at 5th Avenue.
- Turn north; the hotel entrance is half a block north of Superior Street.