Traveler Reviews brought to you by
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
4.0 of 5 stars Based on 470 traveler reviews
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Wauwatosa
Type of Traveler
Traveler tips help you choose the right room. Room Tips (5)
Most Recent Traveler Reviews:
- vickie678Wausau, United States“Great place! review by vickie678 from Wausau, United States”ReviewedOctober 29, 2017Trip type:BusinessThis hotel is perfect for any visit to the Milwaukee area! Very cleans and very close to everything you might need! We will definitely be coming back next year when I have another business meeting here!StayedOctober 2017Review collected in partnership with this hotelOctober 31, 2017Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next stay!
- J3948TOjaybZurich, Switzerland“Old, worn out, and noisy review by J3948TOjayb from Zurich, Switzerland”ReviewedOctober 26, 2017Trip type:BusinessI will not stay again at this hotel and I would not recommend it. It needs serious renovation. The carpet, furniture and general facility are old and dirty. My room faced the road and it was noisy. My colleague stayed in a room not facing the street but then there was the train.StayedOctober 2017Review collected in partnership with this hotelOctober 30, 2017We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
- cornncows2015Illinois“high cost low value review by cornncows2015 from Illinois”ReviewedSeptember 30, 2017Trip type:BusinessSkip this hotel if you want breakfast on weekends. Breakfast during the week is minimal with no comfortable place to sit. On Weekends hotel does no even offer free coffee. Hotel wants you to buy over priced coffee in some island theme bar. Only stayed here because other hotels were sold out. Now I know why.StayedSeptember 2017Review collected in partnership with this hotelOctober 02, 2017Good morning. We're so sorry that you were unhappy with your stay here at the Radisson. Our complimentary continental breakfast is served Monday-Friday 5:30a-8:30a, in addition, our on-site restaurant serves breakfast everyday! We hope you'll consider staying with us again!
- Mike SGrand Haven, United States“Value Stay review by Mike S from Grand Haven, United States”ReviewedSeptember 29, 2017Trip type:BusinessAlthough the rooms are a tad dated they are clean and well maintained and stay a very good value for the price. The HVAC module works well and not too loud, the bed is comfy and has power and USB outlets handy (can I get an AMEN!) the shower has good pressure and intuitive valve settings, it’s the trifecta of temporary lodging! Better to have a great value and useable features than flash on a brochure that adds little value or comfort to your stay. My Mother was a server for many years and when we dined out she would comment good/bad so maybe I'm too picky about the service. My only pans are with Jimmy's, great food, maybe a touch high on the price point however the service is not on par with the food, price point or the atmosphere, it’s like going to a children’s theme park staffed by people that don’t care for children, the service (or deficits thereof) sour the mood for me. During my visit myself and a coworker being two of the four customers in the bar we waited ten minutes for an almost cool draft beer, after a long hot day we craved an ice cold beer to end the work day so this was especially disappointing, can the glasses be frosted at least to help cool the beer?. And then the bartender seemed to be frozen in place as he discussed in depth the attributes of every drink in the house with the two other customers. He multitasked just fine to take my order but could not multitask to draw two draft beers while interacting with the other two customers, when the conversation was going long he should have drawn our beers while guiding the other customers through their myriad of options. My first general impressions of the dining area’s servers is they seem inexperienced and lack intuition and overall the service is a bit slow. I ordered meals mostly with water as it was hot that week and I was exposed to the heat all day. I guess I expected a tumbler but instead got the obligatory small goblet with a couple swallows in volume but no problem I thought I’ll get it refilled often unfortunately it was refilled once and not until I was nearly finished eating, if a customer orders only water the staff should intuitively offer a tumbler, when you hear them crunching on the ice react with the water pitcher or maybe a larger glass. Small potatoes maybe but a server recognizing and reacting to a customer’s needs means a lot! Fill this need and you will be reworded, ignore this or miss the opportunity to serve and you will leave the customer with a negative feeling. In general the staff seemed to busy themselves going from the bar area to the kitchen and back while the customers look for eye contact and some “service”, not a chatty Kathy or annoying buzzing bee asking multiple times “how is everything”, just do fly-by’s making eye contact, smiling and look for signs the customer needs you and opportunities to serve. Offering me a large glass of water or refilling the goblet often and the tone of my experience would’ve had a completely different, I was tired, hot, dehydrated and hungry and didn’t feel like I’d been served beyond the minimums. The staff is kind, personable and make you feel welcome but then you don't see them when you need them even though the restaurant may be sparsely occupied. To end with an upbeat! The quick coupon breakfasts are great, each selection is good and comes out fast accommodating my busy morning schedule don't change a thing!StayedSeptember 2017Review collected in partnership with this hotelOctober 02, 2017We appreciate your feedback regarding Jimmy's Island Restaurant and Iguana Bar. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations. We have shared your comments and concerns with our Food & Beverage department so the situation may be addressed to ensure that outstanding service and presentation is delivered. We look forward to your next stay with us.
- katrinal241Milwaukee, United States“This hotel is okay but just that review by katrinal241 from Milwaukee, United States”ReviewedSeptember 26, 2017Trip type:CouplesThe first woman I talked to on the phone to get information on the hotel was very nice and informative, but the man I talked to a couple hours later was not and this was when I was actually booking the room. He talked so low and fast I could barely understand him. He made me feel very uncomfortable about booking because I had no idea what he was saying and he had zero emotion in his voice which is horrible customer service in my opinion. Then the lady who I talked to while checking in was very nice as well. No one else spoke with me during my stay, I didn't really like that there was a restaurant rather than complimentary breakfast, I didn't like the fact that I couldn't choose if I wanted a king bed or two queen size beds, it was whatever was available when I got there even though I said I was on the way to check in, and I don't personally think the price was worth it at all for the reasons I listed, as well as the water pressure being horrible in the bathroom, only one elevator working, the room being very small. The housekeepers were always on their cell phone any time I saw them as well. The room was clean though, I will say that much. It's an alright hotel, but just wouldn't be my first choice if I were in the area again.StayedSeptember 2017Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6-10 of 223 reviews
These reviews are the subjective opinions of individual travelers and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
© 2014 TripAdvisor LLC