Find fun things to do in Atlanta with family and friends
Situated less than 30 minutes north of downtown Atlanta, the Radisson in Marietta offers a convenient location just off I-75. Dedicate a day to fun with your family at places like Six Flags, World of Coca-Cola, the Georgia Aquarium or Stone Mountain Theme Park. Attending an event at Cobb Galleria Centre? Our hotel is just six miles away. After your event, take your clients or colleagues to a Braves game at SunTrust Park. You can also enjoy easy access to premium shopping at Lenox Square Mall, Phipps Plaza, Cumberland Mall and Marietta Square’s boutiques.
Take time to experience these Atlanta-area attractions:
- Atlanta United FC Soccer Training Camp
Located on the Franklin Gateway, this 33-acre facility began construction in February of 2016, and upon its planned completion in April 2017, it will house the 30,000 square-foot headquarters for Atlanta United along with six fields. The training grounds will hold open training sessions and tournaments, host visiting national and international clubs and be home for the club's youth academy, first team players and club staff.
- Six Flags White Water (2 miles)
Get wet and wild in the wave pool and on the waterslides at Six Flags. After you’ve had your fill of fun in the sun, check out the park’s dining and shopping options.
Phone: +1 (770) 948-9290
- Cobb Civic Center (2.2 miles)
Home to Hudgins Hall and the Jennie T. Anderson Theatre, this facility hosts a variety of local concerts, plays and sporting events. You can also play a game of tennis on any of the free, lighted tennis courts outside.
Phone: +1 (770) 528-8450
- Marietta Square (3.4 miles)
Also called Glover Park, Marietta Square is a popular venue for outdoor concerts and festivals. For a quiet afternoon, watch your kids play on the playground while you relax on a park bench by the fountain.
Phone: +1 (770) 429-1115
- Dobbins Air Reserve Base (3.6 miles)
Visit the home of the 94th Airlift Wing and the 22nd Air Force headquarters for a glimpse of military life while you’re in Marietta.
Phone: +1 (678) 655-5000
- SunTrust Park (5 miles)
Opening just in time for the Atlanta Braves 2017 baseball season, SunTrust Park will feature 41,000 seats for a more intimate setting than Turner Field.
Phone: +1 (404) 577-9100
- Cobb Galleria Centre (6 miles)
Connected to two malls, this impressive convention center features a ballroom and more than 20 meeting rooms that accommodate a variety of events.
Phone: +1 (770) 955-8000
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park (6.1 miles)
This historic park is most famously known for the Civil War battle that Confederate forces won after a two-week fight in 1864.
Phone: +1 (770) 427-4686
- Georgia Aquarium (15.5 miles)
From the shrimp on the ocean floor to the seagulls that soar above, the animals at this aquarium are as diverse as their marine habitats.
Phone: +1 (404) 581-4000
- Georgia World Congress Center (16.6 miles)
With a 200-acre campus, this convention space is one of the largest in the United States.
Phone: +1 (404) 223-4000
- Six Flags Over Georgia (19.4 miles)
Spend a day with the family riding roller coasters, watching live shows, shopping for souvenirs and tasting your favorite foods at Six Flags.
Phone: +1 (770) 739-3400
- Stone Mountain Theme Park (32.2 miles)
This 3,200-acre park offers cable-car trips to the top of the mountain, train rides around the mountain and the largest ropes adventure course in the U.S.
Phone: +1 (770) 498-5690
- MARTA with transfers to Cobb County Transit (0.01 mile)
- Greyhound (1.2 miles)
- Amtrak (19 miles)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (25 miles)
Directions to the Hotel
- From the North: Take I-75 southbound to Exit 263 (Marietta/Roswell/GA 120 Loop). Turn right (west) towards Marietta on GA 120 Loop/South Marietta Street. Turn left onto Franklin Road. Turn left onto Parkway Place. The hotel is on the left.
- From the South: Take I-75 northbound to Exit 263 (Marietta/Roswell). On the exit ramp, stay left towards Southern Polytechnic/Marietta. Turn left onto Franklin Road. Turn left onto Parkway Place. The hotel is on the left.
- From the West: Take GA 120 Loop (South Marietta Parkway) eastbound to Franklin Road. Turn right onto Franklin Road. Turn left onto Parkway Place. The hotel is on the left.
- From the East: Take GA 120 loop (South Marietta Parkway) westbound to Franklin Road. Turn left onto Franklin Road. Turn left onto Parkway Place. The hotel is on the left.