Responsible Business practices at Radisson
Radisson aims to achieve this goal by going about business in a responsible manner that helps protect our guests and the environment. Our responsible business practices are centered around three areas:
- Taking responsibility for diversity, and the health, safety and security of our employees and guests.
- Showing leadership in social and ethical responsibility issues within the company as well as in the community.
- Reducing our negative impact on the environment.
Radisson has a rich history of Responsible Business practices, offering a strong foundation and continuing to build on that foundation to create a better tomorrow for all of us. Ultimately, we strive to serve the common good through our commitment to social responsibility.
World Childhood Foundation
Radisson Hotels are proud to support the World Childhood Foundation, which is committed to defending the rights of the child and securing better living conditions for children and young women at risk all over the world.
Radisson has signed and is committed to upholding The Code of Conduct to Protect Children Against Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism, "The Code." Through this international set of guidelines, supported by ECPAT, travel and tourism companies have pledged to help end commercial sex trade of children.
United Nations Global Compact
Carlson was one of the first global hospitality companies to sign the United Nations Global Compact, the largest corporate responsibility initiative in the world.
General Hotel Initiatives
Radisson Hotel Decapolis Panama City, conscious of the responsibility to stand against the increase of sexual exploitation of children and teenagers, has committed, through its Responsible Business Program, to be guarantors of minors’ rights. As a proof of this commitment, on September 25, 2011, Radisson Decapolis organized, with the Association of Hotels of Panama, the first “Walk-a-Thon Against Sexual Exploitation of Boys, Girls and Teenagers.”
- Collection of funds by the employees for various social activities
- Donations to local nursing homes
- Donations to the needy in case of disaster
- Recycling of articles in the hotel
- Recycling paper project
- Reforestation of green areas in the city of Panama near rivers and brooks
- Laundry system that washes white clothes with OZONE cleansers
- Utilization of biodegradable ingredients in detergents and cleaning supplies
Conference and Meeting Services
- Hotel training on children's rights/protecting the children of guests
- Hotel training on proper recycling
- Training of all the hotel managers and supervisors on proper Responsible Business
- Training of the hotel employees on the program of Responsible Business
Food and Beverage
- Project on recycling of cooking oil
Engineering and Maintenance
- Energy savings illuminating with LED bulbs
- Energy sensors in the public baths
- Proper treatment of water used in the hotel before disposing it
- Project on recycling paper