Discover Vancouver from our hotel in Richmond, BC
The cosmopolitan city of Richmond is home to several Asian-influenced shopping malls, including the popular Aberdeen Centre, just across the street from the Radisson. Enjoy the flavours of Japan, Korea and China at international eateries nearby, and stroll along the banks of the Fraser River after an excellent meal.
Check out our convenient location:
- 60 metres (a two-minute walk) from the Aberdeen SkyTrain station (Canada Line)
- Steps from a waterfront jogging and hiking trail
- Within walking distance of world-class shopping and dining
- Less than one kilometre (a 15-minute walk or a three-minute drive) from Alexandra Road
- Two kilometres from the Richmond Olympic Oval, which hosted long-track speed skating during the 2010 Olympic and Paralympics Winter Games and is currently a multi-sport indoor arena
- Five kilometres from Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- A short drive from several 18-hole golf courses
- 10 kilometres (a 15-minute drive) from historic Steveston Historic Fishing Village
- 14 kilometres (a 30-minute drive or a 21-minute SkyTrain ride) from downtown Vancouver
- 28 kilometres (a 30-minute drive) from the ferry terminal and the U.S. border
- Vancouver Aquarium (16.2 km)
Spend a day observing sea otters, African penguins and sting rays at this world-class aquarium and marine research centre. With over 50,000 animals from across the world, there’s no shortage of incredible things to see at the Vancouver Aquarium.
Phone: +1 (604) 659-3474
- Greater Vancouver Zoo (59.8 km)
More than 500 different animals live on 120 acres within the beautiful Fraser Valley at this zoo. Residents include lions, tigers, giraffes, hippos and many more. Bring your bike or blades, take a walk, rent a quadra-cycle or ride the narrated Safari Express Miniature Train.
Phone: +1 (604) 856-6825
Food and entertainment
- Alexandra Road (1 km)
Known to locals as “Food Street,” Alexandra Road is a must-visit for those who enjoy culinary adventures. Sample a wide variety of Asian cuisines as you choose from more than 200 restaurants packed into a three-block stretch.
- Granville Island (11.7 km)
Best known for hosting one of the country’s most spectacular fresh food markets, the popular Granville Island is an urban oasis filled with fine waterfront restaurants, theatres, galleries, studios, unique shops and cafes.
Phone: +1 (604) 666-5784
Sports and outdoors
- BC Place Stadium (13.1 km)
This state-of-the-art stadium is the place to catch Canadian Football League home games for the BC Lions and Major League Soccer matches for the Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
Phone: +1 (604) 669-2300
- Grouse Mountain (25.4 km)
In winter, there is no better place to be than this 1,200-metre-tall mountain famous for outstanding skiing and snowboarding. When the weather warms up, try paragliding, hiking and zip-lining.
Phone: +1 (604) 980-9311