Explore the history and beauty of Parliament Hill
About a ten-minute walk from the Radisson in downtown Ottawa, Parliament Hill impresses visitors with its magnificent Gothic architecture and inspires them with a look at the country’s history, art, politics and culture.
Three structures stand on Parliament Hill, or Colline du Parlement—the Centre Block, the East Block and the West Block. With its Gothic Revival architecture, Centre Block is the most prevalent of the three, symbolising Canada’s heritage. The East and West blocks both contain federal offices and galleries and reflect Victorian High Gothic architecture.
Queen Victoria statue
Fittingly influenced by the Victorian Era, the statue of Queen Victoria was a gift from the queen's grandson, who later became King George V. Because Queen Victoria has played an influential role in Canada’s history, the city of Ottawa commemorates her in various ways. Queen Street, where the hotel is located, was named after her.
Parliament Hill walking tours
Hear the stories retold when you take a 30-minute, guided walking tour of Parliament Hill’s landmarks. You can also attend a live senatorial debate, available free of charge, seven days a week.
Want a group or private guided tour of Parliament Hill? Book directly through the hotel by contacting the concierge in the front lobby or phoning the hotel directly at +1 (613) 236-1133.
Walking directions to Parliament Hill
- Begin at Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill, 402 Queen St.
- Go northeast on Queen St (Rue Queen) toward Bay St (Rue Bay) for 1.5 km.
- Turn left onto Lyon St N (Rue Lyon N) and continue on for 0.75 km.
- Turn right onto Sparks St/Rue Sparks and continue for 0.5 km.
- Turn left onto O’Connor St (Rue O'Connor) and proceed for 0.75 km.
- Turn right onto Wellington St (Rue Wellington) and remain on the street for 0.8 km.
- Turn slight left onto walkway, proceed for 0.2 km.
- Turn right onto Parliament Hill (Colline du Parlement) and find Parliament Hill ahead after 0.02 km.
- End at Centre Block, Parliament Hill.