Traveler Reviews brought to you by
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
3.5 of 5 stars Based on 961 traveler reviews
Ranked #43 of 72 hotels in Ottawa
Type of Traveler
Traveler tips help you choose the right room. Room Tips (5)
Most Recent Traveler Reviews:
- N8792OUchristiangOrangeville, ON, Canada“Nice hotel, parking notwithstanding review by N8792OUchristiang from Orangeville, ON, Canada”ReviewedJuly 05, 2018Trip type:FamilyHotel overall was good. Parking situation was a mess. Were instructed NOT to leave the garage over Canada Day weekend as we were not garanteed a spot. Means that checked-in guests were left to fend for themselves at the expense of public parking. NOT impressed. CLOSE the parking to the public. GUESTS only. Ridiculous. Rooms were good aside from that. Checkin experience and front desk was very good.StayedJuly 2018July 18, 2018I would not be impressed as well. I don't understand why these instructions were given and I do apologize. If we hav a spot for you and you are paying for parking we will hold a spot for you. I will adress this with the team to make sure this does not happen again.
- janicehillrichKirkland, Canada“My stay at the Radisson Parliament Hill Ottawa review by janicehillrich from Kirkland, Canada”ReviewedJuly 04, 2018Trip type:Solo travelExcellent location and price. Walking distance to most major attractions, or if not, then just a $10 cab ride. Staff were very friendly and courteous especially the gentleman at the front desk, whose name was Daniel, and my room was quiet and clean.StayedJuly 2018July 18, 2018Thank you janicehillrich fr your comments on your recent stay with us. I am please you enjoyed an recognized the team here is friendly and want our guests to have a great stay. I will pass on your comments to Daniel regarding how courteous he was with you.
- D COttawa, Canada“DMC's review review by D C from Ottawa, Canada”ReviewedJuly 03, 2018Trip type:CouplesTry the cauliflower bites at Gibson's...with the sweet chili dip...you won't be disappointed! The rest of the menu selection, for a location of its size, was excellent...especially compared to a well known downtown location, that we also tried, that was severely lacking in options and quality!StayedJune 2018July 04, 2018Thank you DMC! I will for sure pass on your comments to the Chef and the Manager of the restaurant, I guess they will be seeing you again!!
- Ashley S“If you're here on business, it's okay. If you're here on vacation, consider other options. review by Ashley S”ReviewedJuly 01, 2018Trip type:CouplesTo preface: one of us was here on business, and the other was here as a first-time tourist to Ottawa. The hotel was generally clean, the staff generally friendly (if you saw them), and it's in a prime location. If you're here on business, particularly in the downtown area AND CAN WALK to your locations while simply returning to the hotel to sleep, it'll do its job well on a comparatively quiet street within reach of many downtown Ottawa locations. However, if you're here for a vacation or want to spend any time in your room at all, consider another hotel. The room was rather dark, the bathrooms even darker with grout that needs to be redone (though it's not moldy or dirty), towels scratchy, and the soap left a bit of a film on our skin. The beds were decent with nice pillows, but sheets were just okay. The walls were pretty thin, though we encountered no rowdy groups or overly loud noises, and the ambient city noise was practically non-existent. Most tourist attractions are 1+ KM away walking, because you DO NOT want to move your car in and out of their $25/night parking garage more often than you absolutely must. It's scary to pull in because it's one lane and you can't tell if someone else is trying to get out, it's scary to park in extremely narrow spaces with pillars that seem to be installed with the express purpose of scraping a rental's paint, and it's scary to *leave* because you have to force room for yourself on the road in front! (Luckily, it's a surprisingly calm road, save for rush hour traffic.) The on-site restaurant is alright, and (we feel) overpriced for what food it served, though you're paying for convenience and the waitstaff were all personable. As for the fitness center and business area, we couldn't tell you, as we used neither during our week-long stay. Overall, it was an okay hotel with polite staff, but nothing exceptional.StayedJune 2018
- mlkempton2010Halifax, Canada“Nice stay in Ottawa review by mlkempton2010 from Halifax, Canada”ReviewedJune 24, 2018Trip type:BusinessClean comfortable hotel, walking distance to attactions, friendly staff. Took 97 bus from airport and stop was only around the block. Meals provided for our meetings were always on time an were good. Rooms smaller than expected however comfortable.StayedJune 2018June 25, 2018Hell mlkempton2010! Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us I will be sure to pass them onto the team here regarding how friendly you found them. I will also let the restaurant manager know on how you enjoyed your meals during your meeting. We hope to see you back with us again soon.
6-10 of 234 reviews
These reviews are the subjective opinions of individual travelers and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
© 2014 TripAdvisor LLC