Discover Vancouver from our Richmond, BC hotel
Known for its thriving film culture, Olympic heritage and beautiful natural surroundings, Vancouver draws millions of tourists each year. Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport is conveniently located by the YVR airport in nearby Richmond, putting you at the gateway to the Vancouver area’s excellent shopping, sports stadiums and more. From the hotel, you are minutes from the airport and from the Aberdeen SkyTrain station on the Canada Line, which offers easy access to the area’s best things to do.
The cosmopolitan city of Richmond is home to several Asian-influenced shopping malls, including the popular Aberdeen Centre, located just across the street from the Radisson. Enjoy the flavours of Japan, Korea and China at international eateries nearby, and stroll along the banks of the Fraser River after an excellent meal.
Check out our convenient location:
- 60 metres (a two-minute walk) from the Aberdeen SkyTrain station (Canada Line)
- Steps from a waterfront jogging and hiking trail
- Within walking distance of world-class shopping and dining
- Less than one kilometre (a 15-minute walk or a three-minute drive) from Alexandra Road
- Two kilometres from the Richmond Olympic Oval, which hosted long-track speed skating during the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and is currently a multi-sport indoor arena
- Four-and-a-half kilometres from Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- A short drive from several 18-hole golf courses
- 10 kilometres (a 17-minute drive) from Steveston Village
- 14 kilometres (a 26-minute drive or a 21-minute SkyTrain ride) from downtown Vancouver
- 28 kilometres (a 30-minute drive) from the ferry terminal and the U.S. border
- Richmond Night Market (1.3 km)
Sample a wide variety of Asian street food and find unique products from over 200 vendors at this popular marketplace that runs from May through September.
- Vancouver Aquarium (18.1 km)
Spend a day observing sea otters, African penguins and stingrays at this world-class aquarium and marine research centre. With more than 58,000 animals from around the world, there’s no shortage of incredible things to see at the Vancouver Aquarium.
Phone: +1 (604) 659-3474
- Greater Vancouver Zoo (62.9 km)
More than 600 different animals live on 120 acres within the beautiful Fraser Valley at this zoo. Residents include lions, tigers, giraffes, hippos and much more. Bring your bike or rollerblades, take a walk, hire a quadracycle or ride the narrated Safari Express Miniature Train.
Phone: +1 (604) 856-6825
Food and entertainment:
- Alexandra Road (1.5 km)
Known to locals as “Food Street,” Alexandra Road is a must-visit for those who enjoy culinary adventures. Sample a wide variety of Asian cuisines as you choose from more than 200 restaurants packed into a three-block stretch.
- Granville Island (12.9 km)
Best known for hosting one of the country’s most spectacular fresh food markets, the popular Granville Island is an urban oasis filled with fine waterfront restaurants, theatres, galleries, studios, unique shops and cafes.
Phone: +1 (604) 666-5784
- Aberdeen Centre (350 m)
This popular shopping centre is home to a variety of clothing stores as well as an expansive food court which highlights Asian cuisine. Be sure to stop by Daiso, where most items are only $2!
Phone: +1 (604) 270-1234
- Yaohan Centre (400 m)
Buy a new outfit, jewelry and more at this delightful mall. Afterward, swing by the renowned supermarket for an impressive variety of Chinese and Japanese products.
Phone: +1 (604) 231-0601
- McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver (3.3 km)
Ride the Canada Line SkyTrain just 10 minutes to this bustling shopping center, known for its discounted high-end shopping. Visit stores like Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Coach and more.
Phone: +1 (604) 231-5525
Sports and outdoors:
- BC Place Stadium (13.1 km)
The largest multipurpose venue of its kind in British Columbia, BC Place Stadium welcomes more than one million guests each year to events ranging from football, soccer and high school sports, to trade shows, monster truck displays, fun fairs and world-class musical concerts.
Phone: +1 (604) 669-2300
- Grouse Mountain (38 km)
In winter, there is no better place to be than this 1,200-metre-tall mountain famous for outstanding skiing and snowboarding. When the weather warms up, try paragliding, hiking and zip-lining.
Phone: +1 (604) 980-9311