Discover the best things to do in Rockville
Situated just off I-270 in an area nicknamed the Tech Corridor, the Radisson hotel offers easy access to the top attractions in Rockville, Bethesda and downtown Washington, D.C. Head to the RIO Washingtonian Center, only a mile away, for lakefront shopping, dining and events, or attend a play at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre. If you love the arts, you can also tour the Glenview Mansion Art Gallery or visit the acclaimed Music Center at Strathmore in North Bethesda. To snap a pic of the White House or D.C.’s famous monuments, simply hop on the Metro.
- Maryland SoccerPlex & Discovery Sports Center (8.8 miles)
This local sports complex hosts local and traveling teams for soccer, lacrosse, basketball and more.
Phone: +1 (301) 528-1480
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute (16.5 miles)
Learn about conservation efforts as you visit more than 2,000 animals from more than 300 different species, including seals, Asian elephants and bison.
Phone: +1 (202) 633-4888
- The White House (23 miles)
Plan ahead to take a free tour of the official residence of the President of the United States. Apply to your congressperson up to three months in advance for the best chance at scoring admission.
Phone: +1 (202) 456-1111
Music and art:
- Glenview Mansion Art Gallery (5 miles)
Tour the collection of local art at this historical home, built in 1926.
Phone: +1 (240) 314-8660
- BlackRock Center for the Arts (7.5 miles)
Attend a play or concert, tour the galleries or take a class at this vibrant arts center.
Phone: +1 (301) 528-2260
- The Mansion at Strathmore (8.9 miles)
Visit the visual art exhibitions at this gallery, part of the same complex as The Music Center at Strathmore.
Phone: +1 (301) 581-5109
- The Music Center at Strathmore (8.9 miles)
This acclaimed music center hosts performances of classical, jazz, folk, rock and blues music.
Phone: +1 (301) 581-5100
- F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre (5 miles)
Named for the celebrated writer who often visited Rockville, this theater provides a home for the Rockville Musical Theatre, Rockville Little Theatre, Victorian Lyric Opera Company and Civic Ballet.
Phone: +1 (240) 314-8690
- American Film Institute Silver Theatre and Cultural Center (15 miles)
See a movie and then come to understand it in an unprecedented way with panels, discussions and behind-the-scenes footage provided by AFI.
Phone: +1 (301) 495-6700
- RIO Washingtonian Center (1 mile)
Located on the lakefront, this expansive complex offers boutiques, local restaurants and seasonal events.
Phone: +1 (301) 921-4684
- Lakeforest Mall (4.5 miles)
With anchor stores like Lord & Taylor and Macy's, this large shopping center includes more than 130 restaurants and retailers.
Phone: +1 (301) 840-5840
- Westfield Montgomery (7.5 miles)
This expansive mall hosts stores like American Eagle, Ann Taylor and J.Crew.
Phone: +1 (301) 469-6000
- Montgomery County Agricultural Center (3.6 miles)
Attend the annual fair, started in 1949, or browse the flea market at the Agricultural Center.
Phone: +1 (301) 926-3100
- Bender Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington (6.4 miles)
This community destination includes a pool, a fitness center, and an assortment of camps, cultural activities and social groups.
Phone: +1 (301) 881-0100
- Conference & Visitors Bureau of Montgomery County (8.7 miles)
The Visitors Bureau can assist with information about local events and festivals.
Phone: +1 (240) 641-6750