Explore exciting things to do and see in Santo Domingo
Santo Domingo is a lively mix of modern and ancient, melding its identity as one of the New World's oldest cities with a vibrant, contemporary culture. Located in the center of the financial and commercial district of the city, the Radisson places you conveniently near excellent shopping opportunities, sprawling gardens and fascinating museums. Spend the day browsing the shops at Agora Mall or Blue Mall, and then head to a Lions or Tigers baseball game at Estadio Quisqueya. For vacationers, Santo Domingo's Teatro Nacional and Museo del Hombre Dominicano are must-visit destinations, while corporate travelers appreciate our proximity to businesses like BMW and Ambev Dominicana. The area’s thriving nightlife is also not far away.
- Peképolis (400 m)
For families, Peképolis is the city's top destination. Stop by the Silver Sun Gallery for a whole day of educational fun, and then grab a snack at the food court.
- Estadio Quisqueya (1.3 km)
Pick a side and root for your team at this baseball stadium, home to both the Licey Tigers and the Escogido Lions.
- Aquamundo Sambil (3.7 km)
See various species of fish and reptiles or even hold a starfish in indoor, air-conditioned comfort at Aquamundo Sambil.
Gardens and parks:
- Jardín Botánico (5 km)
These gorgeous botanical gardens invite visitors to experience the beauty of the Dominican Republic first hand in a natural setting filled with lizards, birds, flowers and insects native to the island.
- Parque Mirador del Sur (6.1 km)
Pack your running shoes to explore this unique park stretching east to west across dozens of city blocks. The park features enormous caves, one of which has been converted into a restaurant and another into a dance club.
- Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos (10.7 km)
One of the Dominican Republic's most popular tourist attractions, this park deserves the attention it gets for its collection of caves with gorgeous underground lakes.
Museums, theater and culture:
- Museo Bellapart (850 m)
Dedicated to avant-garde works from the mid-19th century to the 1960s, this private museum is home to one of the city's finest collections.
- Teatro Nacional (2.7 km)
Situated at the heart of the Dominican Republic's cultural life, Teatro Nacional hosts operas, orchestra performances and theatrical productions throughout the year.
- Museo del Hombre Dominicano (2.9 km)
Find out more about the Dominican Republic's diverse history as you tour the fascinating exhibits at this museum.
- Alcázar de Colón (7 km)
See late medieval and Renaissance works of art at this mansion, constructed by Christopher Columbus’ son between 1510 and 1512.
- Catedral Primada de América (7 km)
This Catholic edifice is the oldest operating cathedral in the Western Hemisphere. Though the cathedral once served as a pirate’s headquarters, visitors to the church can now attend Mass or simply admire the stunning architecture.
- Agora Mall (2.2 km)
Known for its eco-friendly design, Agora Mall consists of more than 180 stores, including on-site dining options and a movie theater.
- Blue Mall (2.4 km)
Featuring stores like BCBGMAXAZRIA and Zara, the elegant Blue Mall is a great spot to browse the racks, take in a live concert or enjoy a meal.
- Acropolis Center (2.9 km)
Whether you want to enjoy a film, lace up your boots for a turn around the skating rink or shop for a bargain at stores like Nine West and Mango, you are sure to find something to entertain you at the Acropolis Center.
- Dominicana Moda
- El Son de la Ruinas every Sunday at Ruinas de San Francisco
- Festival de Musica Clasica at Teatro Nacional
- Festival Internacional de Cine
- Festival Presidente de Musica Latina
- Rally Frontera
- Santo Domingo Carnaval
- Santo Domingo Colonial Fest at Colonial Zone
- Winter Baseball
- Taxi service at hotel (charges apply)
- Uber available
- Metro station (800 m)
- Corazones Unidos private clinic (800 m)
- CEDIMAT (2 km)
- Hospital General de la Plaza de la Salud (2.1 km)
- La Isabela International Airport (JBQ) (16.1 km)
- Las Américas International Airport (SDQ) (31.1 km)
- Applebee's - American (400 m)
- Cantabrico - Spanish (400 m)
- Patagonia Grill - Argentinian (600 m)
- La Osteria Da Ciro - Italian (650 m)
- David Crockett - International (950 m)
- Seasons - International (1 km)
- La Forcheta - Italian (1.2 km)
- Mitre - International (1.3 km)
- Scherezade - Mediterranean (1.5 km)