EXPLORE HISTORIC SANTO DOMINGO FROM OUR HOTEL
Santo Domingo is a lively mix of modern and ancient, melding its identity as the New World's oldest city with a vibrant contemporary culture. The Radisson puts you in the center of the action, surrounded by excellent shopping opportunities, sprawling gardens and fascinating museums. Take your entire family to a Lions or Tigers baseball game at Estadio Quisqueya, and then shop for souvenirs at nearby Agora Mall or Blue Mall. For vacationers, Santo Domingo's Teatro Nacional and Museo del Hombre Dominicano are must-visit destinations, while corporate travelers appreciate proximity to businesses like BMW and Ambev Dominicana. After the sun sets, make your way to a nearby bar to sample the area's thriving nightlife.
Visit these nearby attractions during your stay:
- Peképolis (400 m/0.25 mi)
For families, Peképolis is the city's top destination. Stop by the Silver Sun Gallery for a whole day of educational fun. Before you leave, stop by the food court for a snack.
- Museo Bellapart (850 m/0.25 mi)
Dedicated to avant-garde works from the mid-19th century to the 1960s, this private museum is home to one of the city's finest collections.
- Estadio Quisqueya (1.3 km/0.8 mi)
Pick a side and root for your team at this baseball stadium, home to both the Licey Tigers and the Escogido Lions.
- Agora Mall (2.2 km/1.4 mi)
Known for its eco-friendly design, Agora Mall consists of more than 180 stores, including on-site dining options and a movie theater.
- Blue Mall (2.4 km/1.5 mi)
Featuring stores like BCBGMAXAZRIA and Zara, the elegant Blue Mall is a great spot to browse the racks, take in a live concert or enjoy a meal.
- Teatro Nacional (2.7 km/1.7 mi)
Situated at the heart of the Dominican Republic's cultural life, Teatro Nacional hosts operas, orchestra performances and theatrical productions throughout the year.
- Acropolis Center (2.9 km/1.8 mi)
Whether you want to enjoy a film, lace up your boots for a turn around the skating rink or shop for a bargain at stores like Nine West and Mango, you are sure to find something to entertain you at the Acropolis Center.
- Museo del Hombre Dominicano (2.9 km/1.8 mi)
Find out more about the Dominican Republic's diverse history as you tour the fascinating exhibits at this museum.
- Aquamundo Sambil (3.7 km/2.3 mi)
See various species of fish and reptiles or even hold a starfish in indoor, air-conditioned comfort.
- Jardín Botánico (5 km/3.1 mi)
These gorgeous botanical gardens invite visitors to experience the beauty of the Dominican Republic first hand in a natural setting filled with lizards, birds, flowers and insects native to island.
- Parque Mirador del Sur (6.1 km/3.8 mi)
Pack your skates or running shoes to explore this unique park stretching east to west across dozens of city blocks. The park features enormous caves, one of which has been converted into a restaurant and another into a dance club.
- Alcázar de Colón (7 km/4.35 mi)
Find late medieval and Renaissance works of arts at this mansion, constructed by Christopher Columbus’ son between 1510 and 1512.
- Catedral Primada de América (7 km/4.4 mi)
This Catholic edifice is the oldest operating cathedral in the Western Hemisphere. Though the cathedral once served as a pirate’s headquarters, visitors to the church can now attend Mass or simply admire the stunning architecture.
- Parque Nacional Los Tres Ojos (10.7 km/6.7 mi)
One of the Dominican Republic's most popular tourist attractions, this park deserves the attention it gets for its collection of caves with gorgeous underground lakes.
- Dominicana Moda
- El Son de la Ruinas every Sunday at Ruinas de San Francisco
- Festival de Musica Clasica at Teatro Nacional
- Festival Internacional de Cine
- Festival Presidente de Musica Latina
- Rally Frontera
- Santo Domingo Carnaval
- Santo Domingo Colonial Fest at Colonial Zone
- Winter Baseball
- La Isabela International Airport (JBQ) (16.1 km)
- Las Américas International Airport (SDQ) (31.1 km)
- Metro Station (9-minute walk from hotel)
- Taxi service at hotel (charges apply)
- Applebee's - American (400 meters/0.25 mi)
- Cantabrico - Spanish (400 meters/0.25 mi)
- Patagonia Grill (600 meters)
- La Osteria Da Ciro - Italian (650 meters/0.63 mi)
- David Crockett - International (950 meters/0.59 mi)
- Seasons - International (1 km/0.62 mi)
- La Forcheta - Italian (1.2 km/0.75 mi)
- Mitre - International (1.3 km/0.81 mi)
- Scherezade - Mediterranean (1.5 km/0.93 mi)